You did it! Last month, you supported a new vision for our Mississippi River focused on restoration, resilience, and equity. You signed the petition, and you joined a chorus of over 3,400 people! Thanks to you, we now have the Mississippi River Restoration and Resilience Initiative (MRRRI) Act, H.R.4202!
It's time to take the next step. We must make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Can you make one phone call to your Congressperson? To make it simple, we have a phone call script all set up for you.
As an advocate for the River, you already know how important it is for your Congressperson to hear from their constituents. Receiving one phone call is as impactful as receiving ten emails. Can you take the next step and make one phone call to your Congressperson to express your support for the Mississippi River Restoration and Resilience Initiative (MRRRI) Act?
It's time to give the people, land, water, and wildlife of our Mississippi River what it deserves. The MRRRI Act will invest in:
- Improving drinking water quality,
- Promoting community resilience to the climate crisis,
- Reducing flood risk by restoring floodplains and wetlands,
- Protecting and restoring wildlife habitat,
- Preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species,
- Dedicated funding for communities of color and economically disadvantaged communities who have experienced the highest costs of environmental degradation.